Requirements for the design of an online course
Methodological requirements for the design of the course
- Announcements for listeners – 1 per module
- Questionnaires questionnaires at the entrance and exit of the course
- Synopsis with a list of used sources – 1 for each topic
- Presentation – 1 for each topic
- Additional course materials with active links for reading and viewing online: books, monographs, textbooks, textbooks, documentaries and feature films, TV shows, etc.
- Training questions – at least 10 for each module
- Questions for discussion – in each module at least 1
- Test tasks – at least 3 training and 10 graded questions for each module
- Peer-to-peer assessment tasks – no more than 1-2 for the course
Academic presentation of an online course
- Measurable learning goals
- Expected Learning outcomes (RO)
- Indicators of achievement of RO
- The language of the course is a student-oriented language, accessible to a diverse audience
- The duration of the course is not less than 4 and not more than 15 weeks
- The load per week on the listener is not less than 2 and not more than 5 hours
Technical requirements for the video for the course
Video shooting should be carried out on professional video equipment with video track parameters not lower than the following indicators:
- Welcome video/Promo video of the course – no more than 3 minutes
- Introduction to the course (purpose, tasks, structure, types of tasks) – 1.5 minutes
- Video lecture – 3-9 minutes
- Video (in total) for 1 week – not less than 15 and not more than 30 minutes
- File format (container) – MP4
- Codec - H264
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- The aspect ratio is 16:9
- Frame rate 25 or 30 frames per second
- Progressive scan (25p/30p)
- Bitrate is not lower than 10000 kbit per second, but not more than 30,000 kbit per second
- Codec: AAC, AC3, OGG, mp3
- channels: 2 (stereo)
- sampling rate: 48 kHz
- audio stream: CBR not lower than 192 kbit/s, VBR in the range of 160-320 kbit/s
Qualitative characteristics of the audio track
- The audio track should be in real stereo mode, where the teacher's voice is localized strictly between the left and right channels. Sound effects, noises, music can be in a similar mode, or can be implemented in a full-fledged stereo mode, depending on artistic and technical tasks.
- The stereo track must be technically implemented taking into account the possibility of playback on monophonic equipment. The value of the correlometer should correspond to «0» +/-0.5.
- The signal-to-noise ratio must be at least 40 dB.
- The dynamic range of the useful signal (whisper/loud speech) should be no more than 16 dB.
- The average RMS volume level should be from - 14dB to - 12dB.
- The peak volume level should be limited to -2 dB.
Qualitative characteristics of the presentation design for the video
- The font is recommended to use sans serif.
- It is not recommended to use more than 2 fonts per course.
- The bullits should be the same throughout the course.
- To increase readability, it is recommended to use contrasting combinations of text and background colors.
- It is not recommended to use more than 3 font colors per course.
- It is not recommended to use contrasting font colors inside one sentence, paragraph, table.
- If the background color of the tables is required inside the course, then it is not recommended to use contrasting colors relative to the main background, a small semitone in the light or dark side is enough.
- The thickness of the frames, table lines, arrows, should correspond to the thickness of the font line.
- As part of the course, it is advisable to use photographic, hand-drawn, animated material in a single color solution, with the same frames, shadows.
- It is recommended to use pictograms and infographics.
- To ensure a natural viewing experience, it is not recommended to join scenes of the same size.
- When shooting, it is not recommended to use contrasting, colorful elements of clothing and makeup.
- When filming a teacher, it is not recommended to use checkered elements of clothing and striped clothing.
- Slides for video lectures should be typed in the font title 20 pt, the main text 18 pt.
- The image size must be at least 1280x720p (HD).
- The image must be in PNG format.
- All third-party materials used in the course must be licensed with CC Attribution.
- Next to each borrowed image (graphics, infographics, photography, reproduction, etc.), a link to the source must be indicated.
- After verification by the MOOC Center, the links can be taken to the last slide of the presentation in the «List of used Sources».
Stages of online course development
Submitting an application for the development of an online course. Participation in competition pedagogical scenarios for creating and publishing online courses (MOOC/SPOC).
Development of an online course
2. Methodological and technical expertise of online course materials.
3. Recording video materials of the online course.
4. Uploading online course materials to the platform.
5. Beta testing and examination of the course.
For all questions, please contact the MOOC Center: building - rectorate, office 203, phone 11-33.